Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lake Minnetonka Travel Bug Recovered

Maybe recovered is not the right word.

OK - retrieved.

I guess that I'm like a nervous parent with his little girl out on a first date. I'm just relieved and happy to see the thing is okay. Let me explain.

The Lake Minnetonka Travel Bug was my first TB into the geocaching world. We released it last year in celebration of my birthday. The thing is so doggone cute that hick@heart warned me, it wouldn't be long until someone pinched it.

In less than a year it traveled over 3500 miles - from a Minnesota geocache, to the Arizona desert, then to Massachusetts where it ended up in the Comet Cache. 

Minnetonka TB And there is sat.

No one retrieved it.

For four months.

No one logged it.

One may argue that four months is not a long time for a TB to sit in a cache - and that may be true - but we've lost cute ones before. I was certain that we lost this one too.

Imagine our relief when I got the email stating that someone retrieved it. Whew!

 Matt's probably happy too.

Ajax CommentLuv Enabled 60c1240b0ede1f711514d8b6dd4db92d


On Zazzle, Wayfarer is known as Paintingcoyote36. Check out this great items from her store.


make custom gifts at Zazzle

Listen to tonka_boy's playlist on Blip.fm

GeoCaching WebRing
GeoCaching WebRing by tmaster
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]